Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Surfer Chic


I was having dinner with a certain handsome surfer last night, and the subject of wetsuits came up;

Why aren't there any great, stylish, and possibly more grown-up (y'know, less "Brah, toootally dude!!!") options out there?

I'm all for sporty, but we don't all need to look like we're ergonomic, underwater Captain Americas.
Saying that,I absolutely adore this Cynthia Rowley for Roxy sherbert colorblocked number. It's so pretty in those yummy sugar shades, and I love the shorty proportion with the long sleeves. So right for Right-Now.


This dress collection was clearly inspired by surfy blocking of colors, but I think it would be even cooler if you applied some of the sophistication and color pallette of these dresses and design back into a wetsuit collection. Chic!


As for the boys...I just really love how beautiful this image of a "rusted" wetsuit is. I think there's something to more natural colors with a preppy twist....


Louis Vuitton s/s 2010

Bottega Veneta s/s 2010

Marc Jacobs s/s 2010

Keeping it fresh with a splash of red for the boys. I love these easy but smart mens sportswear looks as an influence. Sporty without over-doing the theme.

Feeling inspired! I feel a project coming on....!



1 comment: